Tak som trosku pokecal s Duvalom :)
I am a young unofficial documentarist for Ubuntu. My documentation is
designed for absolutely beginners.
On *Ubuntu is based many project, and Ulteo too. I wish to write
something about Ulteo intu documentation, of course if you have some
1) When we can download a first beta of Ulteo? And when the official
2) Is Ulteo able to run XFCE desktop with easy instalation designed
for beginners? Or will be too an XFCE version of Ulteo?
3) In what media we can burn the .iso? Is it fit on CD, few CDs, DVD
or few DVDs? Or will be more versions?
4) How works the Ulteo repository? It have own repositories, or uses
Ubuntu Dapper repositories? Or usis still the actual repository like
Thank you for your time and answers :)
Sorry for my English... I am only studying it :)
thank you for your email!
I'm afraid I cannot answer your questions for several reasons:
- - Ulteo is derived from Ubuntu, and also on Debian and others, so it
doesn't make much sense to see Ulteo as 'based' on Ubuntu in my opinion.
- - technologically speaking, Ulteo will be available as different medias,
in particular within the web-browser, and we don't plan to offer a
repository of packages, because we're using other concepts...
- - it's very likely that Ulteo will totally fork from Ubuntu quite soon
In fact Ulteo is breaking the concept of "Linux distribution", so I
think you shouldn't add it to the Ubuntu documentation.
I hope that it makes sense :-)